West Campus Improvement Project

History

Dallastown Stadium 1959

In 1958, Dallastown Area High School relocated from South Charles Street (now Dallastown Elementary) to its current location at 700 New School Lane.

Dallastown Area High School was dedicated on January 2, 1959, to “Progress in Education… Progress through Education…” which brought together the Dallastown Area School System. During this time, the building was a symbol of progress in the community. It provided a way to advance the quality of instruction of these communities so that these communities may reflect the progress that results from better education.

Highlights of this project included a separate Junior High and Senior High area, auditorium, cafeteria, gymnasium, and outdoor athletic fields including the same concrete bleachers that stand today - almost 61 years later.

While many improvements were made to the secondary campus throughout the past six decades, the center section of concrete bleachers faces the test of time with numerous safety concerns and a crumbling infrastructure. 

The West Campus Improvement Project is focused on improvements to the original 1958 stadium infrastructure, accessibility, parking, and traffic flow near the Blymire Road entrance to campus. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.