WELCOME TO THE YORK TOWNSHIP GUIDANCE PAGE!
As the counselor in the building I am very excited to work with you and your child throughout the 2015-16 school year! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year in which I may support your child, please don't hesitate to contact me. If you're unsure about what a counselor does, here are some highlights.
What does a school counselor do?
* Classroom guidance lessons
* Kids Group - small group meetings focusing on topics of need (examples: expression of feelings, behavior and choices, family changes, coping with worries, social skills and many more)
* Individual student meetings as needed
* In charge of several programs - Big Buddy, Connect with a Kid Program, Guardian Wildcat, Families in Need
* Assist new students in the transition to our school
* Support students' emotional, psychological, and academic needs
* Talks with parents, teachers, and community supports
* Attends meetings
* Duties throughout the school day
How does my child get to see the counselor?
* Teacher, parent, principal, or student request
* Students may leave a message for me in my mailbox outside of my office
* Parents/Guardians - feel free to call or email me
When does my child need to see the counselor?
* To share good news....
* When having problems with a friend, home, etc. that may be difficult to cope with
* When a problem is making it hard to focus in the classroom
* When your child needs to express feelings
Guidance Office - 717-741-2281