*Fall conferences will be held during the week of November 25th. Please call the school office at 505-5051 to schedule a conference soon! We look forward to share your child's progress with you!
*Due to the conferences, school will be closed from Tuesday, November 26-Monday, December 2. School will resume on Tuesday, December 3.
*Monday, 11/11: Wear red, white, and blue in honor Veterans' Day.
Upcoming 1st Grade Events:
- Making Connections
- Retelling with Details
- Strategies: reading with fluency; decoding 1/2 syllable words; using expression; using strategies to attack unknown words
- Word Work: identify number of syllables; know that each syllable has a vowel; root words and endings; listening for the beginning, middle, and end of words; stretching words
- Author Study of Kevin Henkes books
Word Work / Spelling:
Week 1: be, if, not (-ot Family)
Week 2: with, they, that (-ell Family)
- Week 3: her, his, as (-et Family)
- Addition Strategies for Solving Problems to 20