LOGANVILLE-SPRINGFIELD PTO MINUTES
Monday, January 7, 2013
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
TREASURER’S REPORT Monthly updates to the report were given. Copies of monthly ledger were available.
CORRESPONDENCE Thank you cards from Mrs. Prieber’s class thanking the PTO for the third grade t-shirts.
- Fundraising: The annual Wolfgang Candy fundraiser will be Jan 28-Feb 22. Delivery will be March 22 with pickup at the school from 5-8pm. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- #1 seller- Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- #2 seller- 4-pack of tickets to Dutch Wonderland
- #3 seller- 4-pack of tickets to area movie theater
- Raffle – those students selling a minimum of $75 of candy will be eligible; prizes to be announced.
- Participation- all students participating in the fundraiser will receive May Day tickets.
- Talent Show: The annual LSE Talent Show will be February 22. More information will be shared at the February meeting. Student sign-up sheets will be sent home shortly.
- Nominating Committee: The Nominating Committee is accepting interested individuals to fill open PTO Board positions. At this time the Correspondence Secretary position will be open with a complete announcement at the February meeting. Anyone interested can contact a current PTO Board member.
- May Day: Christa Smith will again be chairing the committee for this event. Tracy Neutzel will continue to chair the silent auction subcommittee. Jessica Wiley has volunteered to chair the redemption table subcommittee. More information will be forthcoming.
- Holiday Breakfast: A vote was taken and approved for the extra profits from the Holiday Breakfast to be earmarked to cover start-up costs of next year’s event.
TEACHER REPRESENTATIVE Mrs. Prieber shared the staff’s excitement of the start of the new year! The third grade team is gearing up for PSSA testing.
SWEBS The second marking period’s SWEBS reward will take place on Friday, January 25 with the students enjoying a laser light show.
- There will be a district wide Kindergarten Readiness Meeting held on Monday, January 28 at 7:00pm at York Township Elementary. Parents of children entering kindergarten in the fall of 2013 are encouraged to attend.
- Mr. Carl thanked the PTO and classroom parents for their planning and execution of the student holiday parties.
- Approximately 90 seniors attended the Senior Citizen Breakfast held December 5, 2012. A musical performance by the Ward brothers as well as a sing-a-long with the third grade class were enjoyed.
- PSSA testing is coming up in April. Study sessions will begin for third graders beginning February 28 and continue once a week for five weeks. Sessions will occur on Thursdays, February 28, March 7, 14, 21 and Tuesday, March 26 during the last hour of the day. Volunteers (preferably third grade parents) are being sought to assist with the mini-sessions. If you are able to help, please contact Mr. Carl.
- Response to Sandy Hook school incident:
- Mr. Carl and staff have addressed the levels of security plans and emergency drills in place in each school and district wide.
- Plans are under constant review by all staff and administrators.
- Cameras were installed some time ago (in no response to any event) and are monitored closely for any suspicious activity.
- Southern Regional Police are voluntarily patrolling school grounds especially at peak times. Parents should not be alarmed if they see squad cars or officers on the property.
- If you have any questions at all regarding the school emergency plans, please feel free to contact Mr. Carl.
- Dates to remember:
- January 17- Early Dismissal @ 11:40am (end of the second marking period)
- January 21- No School
- January 25- Report cards sent home
UNFINISHED BUSINESS None
- PSSA Snacks: Each third grader will be asked to bring in $1.00 to go towards the purchase of snacks and water to be shared during the PSAA testing period. A member of the PTO will take care of purchasing and distributing the snacks to the third grade teachers.
PARENT ADVISORY GROUP
- No meeting was held in December. There is a quarterly food service meeting coming up. If you have any questions or issues you would like discussed at an upcoming meeting, please contact Julie Crump or Jill Laughman.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 11 – Sweat Suit Day
- January 17 – Early Dismissal @ 11:40 am
- January 18 – Dress Like A Snowman Day (wear white)
- January 21 – No School
- January 25 – SWEBS Reward (wear ‘Bee’ shirts)
- January 25 – Report cards sent home
- January 28 – Kindergarten Readiness Mtg @ 7:0pm (York Township Elementary)
- January 28 – Wolfgang Candy Fundraiser begins
- February 4 – PTO Meeting @ 7:00pm (school library)
- February 22 – Talent Show
Submitted by Jen Baumgartner……………………………………..Recording Secretary