The district has adopted this policy to regulate the flow of medication in school:
- All prescription medications that are to be dispensed during school hours must be accompanied by a written authorization signed by the doctor and parents/guardians. Nonprescription medications may be dispensed with a written parental approval indicating name of medication, dosage, time of administration and when last administered, instructions for administration of the medication, and parent/guardian signature.
- Medications or drugs that are not handled according to the procedures above will be confiscated.
- Persons carrying or storing unauthorized drugs or medicines of any sort will be disciplined.
- All medications must be properly labeled, clearly identified, and kept in a secure place.
- Whenever possible, parents are requested to administer medication at home.