LIBRARYCatherine Roberto: LibrarianLorie Heaps: Librarian Assistant
Dear Dallastown Families,
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! My name is Mrs. Roberto and I am the library media teacher at York Township and Dallastown Elementary.Students are encouraged to take a variety of books from the library. Books can be kept at home or in school as long as they are returned on the next library day. Proper care and handling of books has been stressed in class. Students may take books below or above their grade level from the library. However these books should not be read in place of the leveled books assigned by their classroom teacher unless the teacher gives his or her approval.
The following rules and procedures will be explained to students in class.
- If children forget their books on their assigned library class day they need to bring them to the library and put them on the return cart. They may not choose new books until their next library class.
- A fine of five cents per school day may be imposed on books that are more than thirty days overdue.
- Parents will be asked to pay for any lost or damaged books.
- If students are absent on the day of their library class their books will be automatically renewed until their following library class.
- Kindergarteners will take home one book from the entertaining or primary non-fiction section.
- 1st through 3rd grade students will choose two books.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Library Resources
(Tumblebooks can be accessed through your
school website under Student Links)
- Destiny - Destiny is the online database of all books in the district. It can be searched by school. Click on the icon below to access this service.
- World Book Online - World Book Online is now available to all district users. Click on the icon below to access this service.Login: dasdwboPassword: wildcats
- Search Engines - These search engines provide homework help, educational quizzes/games and information on thousands of subjects. Click below to begin your search!
- Tizmo Page - Click on the link below to access Mrs. Roberto's Tizmo Page! It will give you access to many other websites!Click on the picture below to access the library moodle.Enter the key roberto